With more than 94.5 million active users globally, eBay is the world’s largest online marketplace, where now the majority of items available for sale are new. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. connects millions of buyers and sellers globally, and has a presence in 39 markets.
In 2010, the total worth of goods sold on eBay globally was US$61.7 billion! with a total of US$15 billion been sold in Q4 2010 alone.
eBay is one of the top 10 most loved brands in Australia and Australia's favourite e-commerce site*.
eBay is a virtual shopping mall where nearly 7 million Australians visit and buy millions of items every month**. Advertising with eBay, you are able to reach the customers you want, spending money in a place they love and trust.
eBay's audience is broad and highly engaged. eBay's customers have money to spend, are in a shopping mindset and buy mostly new items. And very importantly, they are very receptive to advertising.
The eBay Advertising team has unique insights into eBay customers and can target on a diverse set of criteria, to help make your campaign more effective and efficient. The team knows who eBay customers are, what they have bought and what they are looking for, as well as the brands they love and how much they spend.
In a world where customer insights drive competitive advantage and profit, eBay is an effective advertising partner. The eBay Ad Sales team pride themselves on their ability to bring advertisers knowledge, insight and targeting capability in a trusted environment.
Above all, the eBay Advertising team understands how to help advertisers get a return on their campaign dollar.
That's the power of eBay!
The powerful proposition of eBay
(Sources: Nielsen NetRatings, January 2011; Roy Morgan Single Source, year ending September 2010)
- Is Australia's largest online ecommerce site
- Has broader active reach than most online publishers
- Has excellent coverage of all demographic groups
- Has a customer base skewed to higher income households
|The eBay Advertising channel;
- Can target a distinct audience based on 10 different dimensions
- Uses customer supplied and site behavioral data for explicit targeting, not implicit targeting based on cookies
- eBay is one of Australia's favourite brands
- Customers spend more time on eBay than on other online publisher sites
- According to the eBuyers Mind Research in the UK, France & Germany, customers pay more attention to adverts on ecommerce sites than elsewhere
(Sources: Nielsen NetRatings, January 2011;
Brand Asset Consulting, September 2010, as published on smh.com.au, 24 September 2010; Inside the eBuyers Mind Survey in the UK, France & Germany, October 2009)
- eBay customers spend billions of dollars online each year
- Most eBay sales are for new, fixed price items
- eBay customers are brand hungry, actively searching for brands
(Source: eBay Internal data, February 2011)
*Brand Asset Consulting, September 2010, as published on smh.com.au, 24 September 2010
**eBay Internal Data, December 2011 and Nielsen Netview, September 2011